Monday, December 24, 1951 The Globe and Mail (Toronto) Page 2

Fire razes Kingston city block

Possessions lost.


Orillia, Dec. 23.—Fire which began in a chimney and spread to the rest of the house early Saturday destroyed the residence of Carl Harvey, Canadian National Railways stationmaster at Washago.

The family fled into the snow when the blaze was discovered. Volunteer workers succeeded in saving some furniture, but most the possessions of Mr. Harvey, his wife and son, were lost.

Railways: C.N.Rys.

Stations: Washago