|September 1912, No. 175||Canadian Railway and Marine World (Toronto)||Page 454, col. 1|
Canadian Northern Railway construction, betterments, etc.
Canadian Northern Québec Ry.—The locomotive house and machine shop at Limoilou, Que., are well advanced to completion, and work has been started on the erection of the car shops adjoining. A number of houses have been removed to make room for the approaches to the shops and the yard surrounding them which is to be laid out.
The company has started the laying of a permanent branch into the exhibition grounds at Québec, on a right-of-way granted by the city.
The route map for a line from St. Jérôme Jct., southerly through the counties of Two Mountains and Terrebonne to a junction with the line under construction from Hawkesbury to Montréal, near St. Eustache, has been approved by the Minister of Railways. After the old Montford and Gatineau Colonization Ry. was acquired by the C.N.Q. Ry. it was extended southerly from near Montford to St. Jérôme, and the proposed line will give a direct connection with Montréal.