|December 1920, No. 274||Canadian Railway and Marine World (Toronto)||Page 647, col. 2|
Canadian National Railways construction, betterments, etc.
Trestle fill near Parry Sound.—There has been completed on the line between Toronto and Capreol, Ont., a large trestle fill at mile 5.2 north of Parry Sound, the work on which was begun in 1918. The trestle, which was built in 1905, was 925 ft. long, with a maximum height of 60 ft. A 15 ft. concrete culvert was built to take care of the water, which required 1,539 yards of concrete, and a 15 ft. flat culvert under the roadway required 298 yards of concrete. The approximate quantity of material required to fill the trestle was 197,000 yards. The work was done by the Dominion Construction Co. under the superintendence of Resident Engineer McIlwain, of Parry Sound.
Stations: Parry Sound