Order no. 35153
|Thursday, the 5th of
June, A.D. 1924
In the matter of the application of the Corporation of the City of Toronto, in the Province of Ontario, hereinafter called the
Applicant, under Sections 251 and 259 of the Railvmy Act, 1919, for an Order requiring the Canadian Pacific and the Canadian National Bailway Companies to collaborate with the Applicant in the preparation of a joint plan for the separation of grades at the crossings of Bloor Street, Royce Avenue, Weston Road, and St. Clair Avenue hy the said railways, and at the crossings of Wallace Avenue and Davenport Road by the Canadian National Railway.
F. B. Carvell
S. J. McLean
Asst. Chief Commissioner
A. C. Boyce
Upon hearing the matter at the sittings of the Board held in Toronto, May 21 and 22, 1924, in the presence of counsel for the applicant, the Canadian Pacific and the Canadian National Railway Companies, the Consumers' Gas Company, the Toronto Transportation Commission, the Toronto Electric Light Commission, the Hydro-Electric Power Commission of Ontario, and the Bell Telephone Company of Canada, and what was alleged,—
The Board orders as follows:—
- That the Canadian Pacific and the Canadian National Railway Companies be, and they are hereby, directed to construct, jointly, two subways, one under the double tracks of the Galt Subdivision and the Toronto, Grey and Bruce Subdivision of the Canadian Pacific Railway Company and the Brampton Subdivision of the Canadian National Railway Company on Bloor street, and one under the said tracks on Royce avenue, in the city of Toronto, province of Ontario.
- That the Canadian National Railway Company be, and it is hereby, directed to construct a subway under the tracks of its Newmarket Subdivision on Bloor street, in the said city of Toronto.
- That plans showing the two subways on Bloor street be filed by the railway companies, for the approval of the Chief Engineer of the Board, within thirty days from the date of this order; and that plans showing the Royce avenue subway be filed, for the approval of the Chief Engineer of the Board, not later than January 1, 1925; detail plans of the said work also to be filed for the approval of the Chief Engineer of the Board.
- That the work on the two subways at Bloor street be commenced not later than August 1, 1924, and completed not later than July 1, 1925.
- That the work on the. subway at Royce avenue be commenced as early in the spring of 1925 as convenient, and completed not later than January 1, 1926.
- That all questions of distribution of costs, interest, or other matters involved in the construction of the said work be reserved for further order of the Board.
F. B. Carvell
The Board of Railway Commissioners for Canada.