Order no. 115355
|Tuesday, the 1st of
September, A.D. 1964
In the matter of the installation of automatic protection at the crossing of University Avenue and the Canadian National Railways in Waterloo, in the Province of Ontario, at mileage 2.69 Waterloo Subdivision:
J. M. Woodard
A. S. Kirk
Upon reading the submissions filed-
It is hereby ordered as follows:
- With ten months from the date of this Order, the Canadian National Railways shall install, and shall thereafter maintain, two flashing light signals and one bell at the crossing of their railway and University Avenue in Waterloo, in the Province of Ontario, at mileage 2.69 Waterloo Subdivision.
- The signals shall be provided with cantilever signal supports and each signal shall be equipped with six light units.
- The said protection shall be installed in compliance with the provisions of General Order No. 906.
- Eighty per cent of the cost of installing said protection, of the sum of $8,880.00, whichever is the lesser, shall be paid out of The Railway Grade Crossing Fund; twelve and one-half per cent shall be paid by the City of Waterloo, and the remainder of the said cost shall be paid by the Canadian National Railways.
- The cost of maintenance and operation of the said protection shall be borne and paid fifty per cent by the Canadian National Railways and fifty per cent by the City of Waterloo.
J. M. Woodard
The Board of Transport Commissioners for Canada.