|Station:||King, a.k.a. King City, Springhill|
|Sidings:||47 (M22.42 to M22.91)|
|Location:||(York County, King Township)|
No. 156 will stop at King ... to detrain revenue passengers only from North of Barrie.
|1852||Station designed by architect F.W. Cumberland built on land donated by Isaac Dennis, a hotel owner in Springhill (now King City)Plaque.|
|1853-05-16||O.S. & H.U.Rd. opens station.|
|1900c||G.T.Ry. adds operator's bay windowGTR.ND.1907, p. 153The dimensions of the station are incorrectly stated in the GTR 1907 inventoryGTR.ND.1907, p. 153. Based on Thornhill (a.k.a. Concord) and Holland Landing the dimensions should be 24'6"×40'6"×13'.|
|1945-05-23||A pond created by a blocked culvert threatens to undermine the track near KingToronto Daily Star, 1945-05-23|
|1963-01-18||C.N.Rys. authorized to remove station agent at King provided express agent is appointedB.T.C. Order 110145.|
|1964-04-26||King appears in C.N.Rys. System Time TableCNR.A.195, Table 55.|
|1964-10-25||King does not appear in System Time TableCNR.A.196, Table 60.|
|1968-03-06||Station moved to Boyd Conservation AreaGillham-1975, p. 75|
|1989||Station moved to grounds of King Township Museum by King Township Historical SocietyPlaque.|
Township of King Website
|South and west (track) elevations of GTR station (after ca. 1900)|
|Postcard view looking north at King in the GTR era. The Valentine & Sons Publishing Co. Ltd. Montréal and Toronto. Printed in Great Britain. (No. 600.931). Postmarked Woodbridge 1909.|
|South elevation of station from track level.
|South and west elevations of station from track level.
John D. Thompson collection
|North elevation of station.
|South and west (track) elevations of station at King Township Museum|
|n.d.||NAC / Col. RG30M Acc. 945103, Box 10||NRC||Station yard.||Plan.|
|1896-02-03||NAC / Col. RG30M Acc. 90137 Item 170||G.T.Ry.||Track plan.||1"=50'|
|1896-02-03||NAC / Col. RG30M Acc. 90137 Item 171||Tracing of NAC / Col. RG30M Acc. 90137 Item 170|