|Mileage:||88.87Bala Order Board at M88.79.||98.80Newmarket Order Boards at M98.72.|
|Sidings:||53Bala Subdivision Sidings history:
|85Newmarket Subdivision Sidings history:
|Yard Limit Boards:||5,992 feet south of station
6,315 feet north of station
|8,841 feet south of station
4,432 feet north of station
(Ontario County, Rama Township)
|Designation / Year:||Negative / 1994|
Trains must obtain Terminal Clearance at Washago.
Southward freight trains. All cars on freight trains must be given standing inspection on both sides by train crew. These instructions do not relieve Conductors and Trainmen from inspecting their train as prescribed by Rule 111, 4th paragraph.
|Date||EventRefer to CNoR Washago for information on CNoR depot.Refer to Newmarket M98.59 for information on 150-ton coaling plant.|
|1873-08-18||N.E.Ry. opens from Atherley to WashagoHopper-1962, p. 641Stevens states that Orillia to Washago opened on 1873-08-08Stevens-1960, p. 410..|
|1890||G.T.Ry. constructs 18'×20' frame section dwelling on sill foundation with shingle roof, which is listed in
faircondition in 1907. 12'×14' addition constructed at later dateGTR.ND.1907, p. 159.
|1898||G.T.Ry. remodels stationGTR.ND.1907, p. 159.|
|1907||G.T.Ry. lists station in
faircondition and indicates 958 ft2 platformGTR.ND.1907, p. 159.
North Bay Expressderails entering sidingThe Toronto Daily Star, 1907-11-15, p. 8.
Alterations and Additions to Stationdrawing shows addition of Operators Bay to west side of station and future south extension of Waiting Room for Men's and Women's Lavatories, which was not builtRSR-229.
|1922-01-03||G.T.Ry. authorized to close its station at WashagoBRC 31957.|
|1922c||C.No.Ry. depot at Washago moved; disposition of G.T.Ry. depot unknown but it likely became the freight house.|
|1949c||Toilets in south end of Waiting Room and Conductors Room appear on
Heating Layoutdrawing of WashagoRSR-229.
Raidersbreak into boxcar while train is stopped on a siding at WashagoThe Globe and Mail (Toronto), 1950-03-09, p. 3, c. 3.
|1951-12-22||Home of Carl Harvey, stationmaster at Washago, destroyed by fireThe Globe and Mail (Toronto), 1951-12-24, p. 2, c. X.|
|North and west elevations of N.E.Rys station at Washago in the G.T.Ry. era.|
John Dean collection
|West elevation of station after addition of operator's bay window.|
|Bala subdivision elevation of Washago depot.|
OPL, OR-823; JPS Collection
|Postcard view of south and west elevations of station and water tower.|
John Dean collection
|Station from coal tower.|
Richard J. Mount collection; JPS collection
|Aerial postcard view of Washago looking south. The Newmarket Subdivision runs from the top left to the right. The Joint Section begins at the coal tower and ends at the north end of the bridge across the middle branch of the Severn River. The former alignment of the CNOR is clearly visible. Postcard by Photogelatine Engraving Company, Limited, Ottawa. Not postally used.|
Al Paterson collection
|View of south and Newmarket Subdivision elevations of Washago station.|
Ken Davis photo
Ken Davis photo
Gene Burles photo
|North (baggage room) end of station.|
Brian Ottaway photo
|Bala Subdivision elevation of station.|
|1872||NAC/NMC 98810||TS&MJR||Combination station.||Plan. Front elevation. Sections.
Drawing indicates eight (8) 10'×5' grain bins.
|1874-05||NAC/NMC 98811||NER||Combination station.||Plan. Front elevation. Sections.|
|1874-05||NAC/NMC 98812||Variant of NAC/NMC 98811|
|1880-10-15||NAC / Col. RG30M Acc. 90137 Item 297||NRC||Track plan.||1"=100'|
|1947-08||Wilson-2006, p. 140||C.N.Rys.||Track plan.|